Friday, July 8, 2011

Waking

As the early light creeps past the beige bedroom drapes
and makes its insistent march ever upward toward the striped comforter,
I blink the sleep from my eyes
Fading remnants of something I was dreaming
Linger on the tip of my subconscious
Igniting the fire of anxiety in my center
I try desperately to remember what I dreamt
but the memory has already begun to seep out of mind
I feel anxious restless, encumbered, disjointed
You are sound asleep
I am hesitant
I don't want to wake you, but I need to let your touch
banish the dream
I reach over and lightly touch your hand
Instantly you reach across the acres of bed between us
and pull me close to you, sling your hip over mine
cover my lips with yours
wrap your warmth around me
Fires ignite
(they always do)
Reassurance becomes an exploration becomes a slow fire
becomes a dance of lips and tongues and teeth
You cover me with you
Fill me with you
As the sun reaches out and pulls its lazy self over the lip of the horizon
we welcome the day
as one

No comments:

Post a Comment